Today I’m posting a card that was totally inspired by the May mood board from Butterfly Reflections Ink.
I used the scales cover from Mama Elephant and the reverse circle from All Prettied Up. I inked that panel with picked raspberry, antique linen and peacock feathers distress oxide ink and splattered some water drops mixed with liquid stardust from Lawn Fawn on top.
While that panel was drying I worked on my images. I used Beach Chickies and Summer Splash to create a mini beach scene. I put the stamps in my stamping platform to figure out the right position. Once the chickies were stamped I masked off the bottom one and used clear ink and white embossing powder to heat emboss the ocean lines. I used Copic Sketch Markers to color everything in and kept checking if I colored enough by placing my window on top from time to time.
Next I heat embossed the sentiment on some Lawn Fawn vellum. I trimmed it, put some glue behind the sentiment and folded the edges around the front panel. I adhered those edges with some tape runner. Once the sentiment strip was secured I attached the front panel to the colored panel with some foam squares and lastly I added a card base.
I really enjoyed making this card and I can’t wait to see what you create for the current mood board challenge!
(✿◠‿◠) M A M A E L E P H A N T S U P P L I E S:
- All Prettied Up
- Scales Cover
- Summer Splash stamps and cuts
- Beach Chickies stamps and cuts
(✿◠‿◠) L A W N F A W N S U P P L I E S:
- Jet Black ink
- Clear ink
- Liquid Stardust mixed with water
- Stamp shammy
- Starry Stamp Shammy Case
- Bone folder
- Stamping block 1.75”
(✿◠‿◠) O T H E R S U P P L I E S:
- Copic Sketch Markers (Y13, Y15, Y17, E30, E31, E33, R20, R32, R35, RV04, RV06, RV09, BG000, BG01, N5, YR15)
- Distress Oxide Ink in the colors: picked raspberry, antique linen, peacock feathers
- Sakura Gelly Roll black gel pen
- Sakura Glaze pen black
- Liquid glue
- Tape Runner
- Foam squares thin
- White coloring paper suited for copic markers
- White stamping card
- Magic Anti-static Pad
- Heat tool
- WOW! Embossing powder opaque bright white super fine
- Craft Tweezers
- Vaessen Creative cutting and scoring board
- Vaessen Creative guillotine
- Vaessen Creative mini trimmer
- Vaessen Creative stamp easy
- Full Stick Post-It notes
(✿◠‿◠) D I S C L A I M E R
As a design team member for Butterfly Reflections Ink I’m receiving products/discounts and I’m promoting their shop.