I made another card for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 83: make the sentiment the star. This time I stamped gnomes on the background with my memento desert sand ink and colored them with fairly light copic sketch markers. I tried to use the same colors on a few things, so I would create a nice and even distributed effect. Because the dots on the mushrooms are white and the desert ink is brown, I colored them in using my white gelly roll pen.
I die cut the sentiment out of peacock feathers cardstock twice, glued them on top of each other and then attached it to a strip of vellum. That way the sentiment stands out a little bit more. I folded the edges around the small slimline panel and made sure to put glue behind all the letters, so the sentiment would lay flat on the card. Then I attached the small slimline onto a panel of peacock feathers cardstock that I had die cut with the large slimeline die. Next I glued the entire thing onto a white card base that is 8,5 x 3,5 inches.
The last thing I had to do was decorate the inside of the card with another sentiment I got from Birthday Before ‘n Afters. I stamped it with peacock ink from Lawn Fawn. And I also thought an extra gnome sitting on his mushroom would be a cute addition. So I stamped the gnome first, masked it off and then I could stamp the mushroom on top.
I really love the soft look of this card. I think I might make more with this style in the future.
It’s a short video, but I hope it is helpful should you like to make a card like this as well. Enjoy watching!
Lawn Fawn materials used:
- Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps
- Large Slimline with Sliders
- Oh Gnome! stamps
- Gleeful Gardens stamps
- Birthday Before ‘n Afters stamps
- Hey Lady stamps
- Scripty Happy
- Scripty Birthday
- Peacock Feathers cardstock
- Peacock ink
- 2.5″ Acrylic block
- Stamp Shammy
- Starry Stamp Shammy Case
Other materials used:
- Memento desert sand ink
- Copic Sketch Markers (E21, E00, E51, E53, E55, E57, W00, W2, W4, YG 01, YG05, YG07, YG09, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, R20, R22, R24, R27, R30, R32, R35, BV0000, BV00, BV01, BV02, Y11, Y13, Y15, RV52, RV55, BG10, BG11, BG13, B01, B02, B04, YR21, YR30, YR31)
- Sakura gelly roll pen 08: white
- Liquid glue
- White cardstock
- White paper suited for Copic Markers
- Vaessen Creative cutting and scoring board
- Vaessen Creative Stamp Easy
- Bone folder
All of the materials I used in this video were purchased by me.